Oh me, oh my…what a start to 2018!
It’s been a busy start to 2018 and we still have many events lefts for the year. That said, as we head into spring break next week, once we come back, there are only two months left. It’s going to go quickly! Thank you all for your support of our Pages with the Pack read-a-thon and the Missoula Children’s Theater production. And for our upcoming talent show on April 27th, we have 100 students auditioning! WWE has talent indeed….so mark your calendars, it’s sure to be an amazing evening!
- The Spring Book Fair paired up with Pages with the Pack and was a huge success!
- Our Pages with the Pack read-a-thon had its most successful year ever, thanks to all of our hard-reading kids and all of the generous donors. It is our biggest fundraiser of our year and we exceeded our goal with over $31,000 earned and over 455,000 minutes read. The classroom doors looked amazing as always – congratulations to the winning classrooms. The individual winners enjoyed their limo ride to ice cream, but I am pretty sure that watching Ms. K and Ms. Pullen kiss George and Pepper (the goats) was the highlight of the year!! I hope you all tuned into the live stream to see them sleeping on the roof and enjoyed the bedtime stories as well. If you missed it, check out the recordings at https://youtu.be/JxwmfLTvVUc
- The Missoula Children’s Theater production of Gulliver’s Travels was wonderful! Congratulations to all of the participants.
- We have hosted two educational talks this year at the February and March PTSA General meetings. Thanks to all of you who have attended and we hope that you have found these to be helpful. Please let us know if you have topics you would like to explore next year, as we would like to continue this effort.
- Spring Movie Night is Friday, April 13th at 6:30 pm in the gym. The students voted at school and overwhelmingly choose Wonder as the movie to watch. Please join us for this fun, free, FAMILY night out!
- West Woods Got Talent! Will be held on Friday, April 27 at 6:30 pm in the gym! We have so much talent this year, it’s going to be a great show! We hope you plan to come and support all our talented students, even if your child isn’t participating.
- PTSA General Meetings: Only two more for this school year on April 17 and May 15. We hope you join us as we discuss ongoing activities and changes for next year.
- WWE will host its first multicultural night on April 19th…mark your calendars!
- Fore the Kids Golf Tournament has a new location! We will be at Applewood Golf Course this year. Join us for a scramble format tournament on May 4th.
- Legacy Brick Campaign: buy a brick to be placed as a part of the flooring to the Outdoor Classroom and leave your child’s legacy for all future generations! This will help to fund Phases 3 & 4 of the OLE! Information to come soon.
- EduKits will be offered again this year; but will only be available for purchase online
- We will not be offering Summer Bridge Books due to low purchasing volume. They are usually available for sale at Jake’s Toy Box if you are interested.
- Wolf Tracks – We are working on revamping Wolf Tracks, continuing to make sure it’s a great source of information for our families.
- Weekly Principal Messages -This is now located within Wolf Tracks and sent out separately on Sunday afternoons
- WWE PTSA website and WWE School website – both of these websites are great sources of information. Take a peek as they are continually being updated!
- Friday Folders also have important information in them, so keep your eyes peeled!
- Anyone is welcome to attend our General PTSA meetings, however, only members can vote. We love to see new faces…come and check us out….you will be surprised at how much fun we have!
- WWE Apparel is available for purchase. See our WWE PTSA website for styles and prices. Show off your school spirit!
Feel free to reach out to me or any of the PTSA board members or our general PTSA email with any questions or concerns. We are always interested to hear your feedback, concerns, and ideas.
Thank you parents for all that you do for our kids! Enjoy your Spring Break!!!!!!!
PTSA President 2017-18