Pages with the Pack final results are now posted at Pages with the Pack Leader Board! Thank you for all of your support of Pages with the Pack! Thanks to all of our students, parents, teachers, and supporters, our Wolves read 380,802 minutes and received over $28,000 in pledges!View full post
Save the Date! – Upcoming Rainbow Week! (Sponsored by FUTP60 Student Team) March 13th-17th – Rainbow Week! The Fuel up to Play 60 Student Team is excited to host “Rainbow Week” to help encourage all the students of West Woods to eat a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables! During the week of March 13-17th …View full post
Check out the Pages with the Pack Door Decorating Contest Page to see pictures from our winners! Kindergarten – Ms. Mikkelson 1st Grade – Ms. McQuitty 2nd Grade – all of 2nd Grade 3rd Grade – Ms. Greco 4th Grade – Ms. Schatz 5th Grade – Ms. Kemper 6th Grade -Ms. CarpenterView full post
6th Grade Yearbook Recognition Ad The West Wood Elementary PTSA is offering the opportunity for you to personalize the 2016-2017 Yearbook in a very special way with a 6th Grade Graduation/Recognition Ad. This is only for 6th graders!!! Click here to view and download the formView full post
Save the Date! – Upcoming Rainbow Week! (Sponsored by FUTP60 Student Team)
March 13th-17th – Rainbow Week!
The Fuel up to Play 60 Student Team is excited to host “Rainbow Week” to help encourage all the students of West Woods to eat a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables! During the week of March 13-17th we will celebrate a different color of fruit/veggie each day:
Monday – Purple/blue
Tuesday – White/Tan/Brown
Wednesday – Red
Thursday – Yellow/Orange
Friday – Green (St. Patrick’s Day!)
Each day we encourage the students to wear that color to school and enjoy that color of fruit/veggie in their lunch. More information coming soon! Let’s FUEL UP so we are ready to learn!
Check out the Pages with the Pack Door Decorating Contest Page to see pictures from our winners!
Kindergarten – Ms. Mikkelson
1st Grade – Ms. McQuitty
2nd Grade – all of 2nd Grade
3rd Grade – Ms. Greco
4th Grade – Ms. Schatz
5th Grade – Ms. Kemper
6th Grade -Ms. Carpenter
6th Grade Yearbook Recognition Ad
The West Wood Elementary PTSA is offering the opportunity for you to personalize the 2016-2017 Yearbook in a very special way with a 6th Grade Graduation/Recognition Ad. This is only for 6th graders!!!
Click here to view and download the form
The West Woods Elementary PTSA Scholarship is presented each year to a graduating high school senior who attended our school during his or her elementary years.
Click here for more details.
Congratulations to Olivia Wilkerson (4th grade-Mefford) and her yearbook cover submission! Her drawing will appear on this year’s yearbook cover!
Runner ups included Ava Tregembo (4th grade-Mefford), Hailey Kim (6th grade-Hack), Jacob DiVito (6th-Rousch), and Kailey Townsend (4th-Mulvaney)
Thank you to all the students who submitted a cover design. They are wonderful and definitely displayed our Pack Pride!
Welcome to the 2016/2017 School Year!
West Woods Elementary is going green.
Everything you need to register can be completed online!
JeffcoConnect is the registration program for all Jefferson County Schools. Every family is required to have an active JeffcoConnect account. Each Jeffco student can be added to the same parental account.
Each year every family must log into JeffcoConnect, review all the information, make necessary changes, then hit the “Submit” button. This provides the annual electronic signature required by the state of Colorado. If you have problems creating an account, or need a reminder of your user name or password, please call the office at 303-982-5649.
There are 3 total steps to registration. Please complete all the steps prior to starting school.
STEP 1 – Update your household information on JeffcoConnect
- JeffcoConnect is an online student information program that needs to be updated, saved, and submitted.
- Follow all directions carefully!
- Once in the system, click on your student and review ALL 7 tabs on the left side. Use “Save” between each tab and “SUBMIT” when all 7 tabs are reviewed and updated. The school can’t access your changes until you hit “SUBMIT”. You must do this series of steps for EACH student who attends Jeffco Public Schools in your household. PLEASE make sure that you are reviewing each contact and making corrections to how you would like to be contacted by School Messenger or in an emergency situation.
- A tab has been added called “Agreements” where you can view and sign the Code of Conduct and the Safe Use of the Internet form.
STEP 2 – Pay your fees using Jeffco Student Payment through Jeffco Connect –
- You may pay your West Woods classroom fees and the bus fees if applicable beginning on Monday, August 1, 2016.
- You may also pay your fees at West Woods Elementary beginning August 1, 2016. We accept cash and checks.
- To access Jeffco Student Fee Payment please log into your JeffcoConnect account. Once you are logged into JeffcoConnect, click on the “Jeffco Student Fee Payment” link on the left side. DO NOT select a student’s name, because if you do you will not be able to view the Student Fee Payment link.
- Please be aware when paying fees, the system defaults to pay everything. Uncheck fees you do not want to pay until they are due. For example Kindergarten tuition due monthly or Outdoor Lab or Bus fees.
- 6th grade students: The Outdoor Lab fee of $350.00 will NOT be due until February 24, 2017. Please ask the West Woods office about the Outdoor Lab Foundation Card Program or visit their website at www.outdoorlabfoundation.org.
- For 6th grade parents who ARE participating in the Lab Card program, DO NOT pay outdoor lab fee on-line. The school will contact you with your amount to pay before the students go to Lab school.
STEP 3 – Make a deposit into Meal Pay Using JeffcoConnect
- Lunch is served for All-Day Kindergarten through 6th grade. The cost for a hot lunch is $2.75
- You may also make deposits at the school cafeteria or the school office.
Please plan to drop off ALL non-expired medications and ALL parent and physician signed paperwork to the school clinic either August 16th from 11 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. or August 17th from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Danette will not be in the clinic on the first day of school August 18th because she will be moving her son to college, so it would be very helpful to have everything in place prior to this day. If you need copies of blank Medical Agreement paperwork or Asthma and Allergy plans, they can be found on WWE website under “Parent” tab/ scroll down to Health Forms. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Danette or the front office.
Please join other new West Woods families for a Welcome Picnic on Saturday, August 13th, location TBD. Mark your calendars and check back soon for updated information!
2016-2017 is a Photo Directory year!
If you are new to WWE since the fall of 2014, then you may not be familiar with our biannual Photo Directory produced by Randall’s Photography. But if you are a seasoned WWE family, then you know how fantastic this directory is! In addition to class lists and school contact information, this special directory edition features photos of WWE families photographed at Randall’s in a FREE session. Directories will be offered this year for a small fee of $10 or FREE with a PTSA membership!
See our Directory page for more information on the directory. Meanwhile, mark your calendars! Online scheduling at www.randallsphoto.com will be available in July. West Woods families can also call Randall’s Photography, 303-425-6077, directly to schedule a session. Photos are taken in a first-come, first photographed manner. The time is more of a guideline than an actual appointment, so if you are early, or running late, just come on over to Randall’s! Photo session dates are (times are subject to change):
Friday, August 26th from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, August 27th from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Sunday, August 28th from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Take advantage of the convenience and ease of school supply shopping by ordering EduKits, custom school supply kits. Information and ordering for the 2016/2017 year can be found here: