Save the date! Wednesday November 30th 5-6pm. Outdoor Learning Environment/Playground Design Showcase Open House. We will have draft design features displayed for the four areas of focus: outdoor classroom(s), nature inspired play area, playground play structures/equipment and learning garden. This is an open invitation! We hope to have students, West Woods families, community members, staff, etc. attend and get their feedback and ideas. Please swing by the school lobby anytime between 5-6pm and stick around for the PTSA meeting that night at 6pm!
Save the date! Wednesday November 30th 5-6pm. Outdoor Learning Environment/Playground Design Showcase Open House. We will have draft design features displayed for the four areas of focus: outdoor classroom(s), nature inspired play area, playground play structures/equipment and learning garden. This is an open invitation! We hope to have students, West Woods families, community members, staff, etc. attend …View full post
Join WWE families & friends from 4:30pm-8:30pm on Monday, November 14th for a fun Spirit night @ Buffalo Wild Wings @ our local 64th & McIntyre location. Bring the flyer/mention WWE & WWE PTSA will receive a 15% donation of your purchase. Eat Wings, enjoy the big screens, kids meal specials & more,……have a great time while showing our …View full post
Please join us for the West Woods Elementary 20th Anniversary Gala. This wonderful event will be held at The Arvada Center on November 18, 2016 from 630-10pm. Ticket prices include: dinner, (1) ticket good for beer or wine, live/silent auction items, music, dancing and a photo booth. Click here to detailsView full post
Join WWE families & friends from 4:30pm-8:30pm on Monday, November 14th for a fun Spirit night @ Buffalo Wild Wings @ our local 64th & McIntyre location. Bring the flyer/mention WWE & WWE PTSA will receive a 15% donation of your purchase. Eat Wings, enjoy the big screens, kids meal specials & more,……have a great time while showing our School Spirit!!
Please join us for the West Woods Elementary 20th Anniversary Gala. This wonderful event will be held at The Arvada Center on November 18, 2016 from 630-10pm. Ticket prices include: dinner, (1) ticket good for beer or wine, live/silent auction items, music, dancing and a photo booth.
Click here to details
West Woods Elementary School opened in August 1996… 20 years ago! It’s time to celebrate! We will be marking this special anniversary in many ways this year. One of those is 20th Anniversary apparel with a logo designed by our very own Josh Stolte!
This special apparel is only available for two weeks!
Orders will close September 9, 2016 at midnight.
7 Different Apparel Options!
Visit www.westwoodselementaryptsa.com/school-assistance/20th-anniversary-apparel to see photos and read details.
SAVE THE DATE for RUN WITH THE WOLVES: Run with the Wolves, WWE’s 5k/1k “Fun”draiser Run/Walk will be held SUNDAY, OCTOBER 9TH, 2016. This family friendly event gets the blood pumping while raising money for the school. 100% of the race proceeds are granted back to the school through the PTSA. Look for more information in early September.
This year, PTSA will be putting out it’s bi-annual photo directory featuring photos of all of our families. This is a much loved tradition and is very helpful in getting to know our community.
Please call Randall’s Photography TODAY to book your short appointment at 303-425-1782. Photos will be taken on August 26th, 27th and 28th and can include just your children or entire family — it’s up to you! It doesn’t take long and you do have the option to purchase copies of the photo if you wish. Regardless of purchase, all photos will be included in the directory.
Join us after the Flag Ceremony on the first day of school for an informal coffee in the school cafeteria. Breathe a sigh of relief or wipe your tears with other West Woods parents and enjoy a peaceful cup of coffee and treat to kick-off the 2016-2017 school year.
Please join us on Tuesday, August 16th, for the Pack is Back Picnic. We will not have food available for purchase so please pack a picnic dinner to enjoy on the lawn. We will have music, a photo booth, and one stop shopping for apparel, PTSA membership and more. Plus, check-out our new playground stencils and play a game of hopscotch, test your geography knowledge, take a stroll through the Solar System and orient yourself with a compass.
Welcome to the 2016/2017 School Year!
West Woods Elementary is going green.
Everything you need to register can be completed online!
JeffcoConnect is the registration program for all Jefferson County Schools. Every family is required to have an active JeffcoConnect account. Each Jeffco student can be added to the same parental account.
Each year every family must log into JeffcoConnect, review all the information, make necessary changes, then hit the “Submit” button. This provides the annual electronic signature required by the state of Colorado. If you have problems creating an account, or need a reminder of your user name or password, please call the office at 303-982-5649.
There are 3 total steps to registration. Please complete all the steps prior to starting school.
STEP 1 – Update your household information on JeffcoConnect
- JeffcoConnect is an online student information program that needs to be updated, saved, and submitted.
- Follow all directions carefully!
- Once in the system, click on your student and review ALL 7 tabs on the left side. Use “Save” between each tab and “SUBMIT” when all 7 tabs are reviewed and updated. The school can’t access your changes until you hit “SUBMIT”. You must do this series of steps for EACH student who attends Jeffco Public Schools in your household. PLEASE make sure that you are reviewing each contact and making corrections to how you would like to be contacted by School Messenger or in an emergency situation.
- A tab has been added called “Agreements” where you can view and sign the Code of Conduct and the Safe Use of the Internet form.
STEP 2 – Pay your fees using Jeffco Student Payment through Jeffco Connect –
- You may pay your West Woods classroom fees and the bus fees if applicable beginning on Monday, August 1, 2016.
- You may also pay your fees at West Woods Elementary beginning August 1, 2016. We accept cash and checks.
- To access Jeffco Student Fee Payment please log into your JeffcoConnect account. Once you are logged into JeffcoConnect, click on the “Jeffco Student Fee Payment” link on the left side. DO NOT select a student’s name, because if you do you will not be able to view the Student Fee Payment link.
- Please be aware when paying fees, the system defaults to pay everything. Uncheck fees you do not want to pay until they are due. For example Kindergarten tuition due monthly or Outdoor Lab or Bus fees.
- 6th grade students: The Outdoor Lab fee of $350.00 will NOT be due until February 24, 2017. Please ask the West Woods office about the Outdoor Lab Foundation Card Program or visit their website at www.outdoorlabfoundation.org.
- For 6th grade parents who ARE participating in the Lab Card program, DO NOT pay outdoor lab fee on-line. The school will contact you with your amount to pay before the students go to Lab school.
STEP 3 – Make a deposit into Meal Pay Using JeffcoConnect
- Lunch is served for All-Day Kindergarten through 6th grade. The cost for a hot lunch is $2.75
- You may also make deposits at the school cafeteria or the school office.
Please plan to drop off ALL non-expired medications and ALL parent and physician signed paperwork to the school clinic either August 16th from 11 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. or August 17th from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Danette will not be in the clinic on the first day of school August 18th because she will be moving her son to college, so it would be very helpful to have everything in place prior to this day. If you need copies of blank Medical Agreement paperwork or Asthma and Allergy plans, they can be found on WWE website under “Parent” tab/ scroll down to Health Forms. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Danette or the front office.
Please join other new West Woods families for a Welcome Picnic on Saturday, August 13th, location TBD. Mark your calendars and check back soon for updated information!
2016-2017 is a Photo Directory year!
If you are new to WWE since the fall of 2014, then you may not be familiar with our biannual Photo Directory produced by Randall’s Photography. But if you are a seasoned WWE family, then you know how fantastic this directory is! In addition to class lists and school contact information, this special directory edition features photos of WWE families photographed at Randall’s in a FREE session. Directories will be offered this year for a small fee of $10 or FREE with a PTSA membership!
See our Directory page for more information on the directory. Meanwhile, mark your calendars! Online scheduling at www.randallsphoto.com will be available in July. West Woods families can also call Randall’s Photography, 303-425-6077, directly to schedule a session. Photos are taken in a first-come, first photographed manner. The time is more of a guideline than an actual appointment, so if you are early, or running late, just come on over to Randall’s! Photo session dates are (times are subject to change):
Friday, August 26th from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, August 27th from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Sunday, August 28th from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.