West Woods Elementary
Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)
To support the Mission of West Woods Elementary School by:
- Supporting and speaking on behalf of children, youth and families in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children, youth and families;
- Being a relevant resource for families and communities in developing the skills they need to educate, raise and protect their children; and
- Encouraging parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
To support the Vision of West Woods Elementary by:
- Engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children; and
- Helping create a quality education and nurturing environment for every child.
To be a powerful voice for all children by:
- Promoting the welfare of children and youth in home, school and community;
- Bringing into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
- Securing adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
- Developing between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages for the education and well-being of every child;
- Offering a variety of opportunities to enrich the educational and social experience of West Woods Elementary students.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.